Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What Keeps You Up At Night?

Paul Vann


I do not know about you but I wake up in the middle of the night with a lot of amazing thoughts. Does the same thing happen to you?

It it does or if it does not, there is something special about things that keep you up at night. There is one thing I learned about my experiences and that is to write down what I dream and try to figure out the meaning of the dream.

Sometimes what keeps me up at night is the next project I have scheduled to complete. As an entrepreneur I am use to multi-tasking and completing important projects such as proposals and or grant request.

Now that i have children I stay up to check on them to make sure they are sleeping comfortably. My daughter and son want me to check on them at night to make sure they are doing alright.

I always tell people God wakes me up because he has something he wants me to do. I believe it, when I was writing my book, it was inspired by our creator and every morning for a month I woke up at 3:00am, to write another chapter in my book.

Maybe you are not writing a book or have children to check on in the middle of the night, perhaps it is the demands of your job, or unemployment. Maybe you are scheduled to fly on a plane the next day on a business trip and or a family emergency and you can not relax.

There is also a possibility that your spouse snores and it wakes you up at night. I call waking up in the middle of the night because your spouse is sleeping to be a blessing. Why? At least your spouse is home with you and not with someone else, hello!

So I will not push the envelope anymore when it comes to explaining why people wake up in the middle of th night, instead I recommend you take a bath before you go to bed. Say your prayers, meditate and or read prior to going to sleep.

I am an author, thus when I wake up in the middle of the night, you can best believe I use that quiet time to write. It is in my DNA and I love to write and it is a blessing. Remember just because you wake up in the wee hours of the morning, it only means you are human.

Paul Lawrence Vann is a leadership development and workplace diversity trainer that assist organizations in achieving higher levels of excellence in their industry. He is the author of the book, Living on Higher Ground. Paul consults with Fortune 500 companies, associations, government agencies, military organizations and educational institutions. http://www.paullawrencevann.com, (240) 416-5077.

No comments: